INSPIRING SEO STATISTICS TO KNOW IN 2021
15th Jan 2021Posted by Admin
SEO Stats for Local Businesses
Search engines utilize super powerful algorithms to show the content that ideally meets the needs and requests of the searcher. These powerful algorithms bring lots of uncertainty to digital marketers and business owners. SEO (search engine optimization) is all about adjusting content and code on the website and optimizing appropriate off-site elements according to the location for better search performance (Google My Business).
Hubspot reports that about 64% of digital marketers invest time and resources in SEO. We have prepared a list of interesting stats that might give you insight into SEO and digital marketing in a business environment.
Organic Search Statistics
Organic Search has become vital for those willing to make the most of digital marketing. If your aim is to get a spot in the 10 blue links, understanding what works better on the search and how it can change consumer behavior makes the difference in your SEO strategy.
- Globally, Bing accounts for 6.7% of the desktop search market, while Google took 86.6%. (Statista, 2021)
- Google dominates mobile in the United States with over 94% of mobile search engine market share. (StatCounter, 2021)
85% of Google users find an answer to their query with their initial search term. (Backlinko, 2020)
- Title tags that contain a question have a 14.1% higher CTR vs. pages that don’t have a question in their title. (Backlinko, 2019) – Searchers are looking for the answers to their questions.
- Mobile searches containing “not working” have grown by over 65% in the past two years (Google, 2018)
- The average top-ranking page also ranks in the top 10 search results for nearly 1,000 other relevant keywords. (Ahrefs)
- The #1 organic result is 10x more likely to receive a click compared to a page in the #10 spot. (Backlinko, 2019) The closer your page is to the number one organic position, the more likely it is to get clicks.
- Only 0.78% of Google searchers will click on the second page. (Backlinko, 2019) –Many users don’t go to the second page. Of course, those top 10 spots tend to be very competitive, and that is exactly why they can make a huge difference to your traffic.
- On the first page alone, the first five organic results account for 67.6% of all the clicks. (Impact, 2020)
- 50% of people are more likely to click on a particular brand name if that brand name shows up more than once on the search results. (Omnicore, 2020)
- In the majority of home services verticals, over 55% of consumers run a search before scheduling an appointment (Source: LSA)
- Callers convert 30% faster than web leads. (Source: Forrester) Those users who search for emergency services want an immediate response or a call. This is an important point for home service and emergency help providers where same-day and, sometimes, even same-hour service possibility is crucial for success.
- On average, ranking in position #1 on mobile gets you 27.7% of the clicks. Ranking in position #1 on the desktop gets you an average of 19.3% of the clicks. (SEOClarity) – So, where you rank is important, especially for mobile.
Page Speed Statistics
Often page speed has an impact beyond any rankings.
- As page load time goes from one second to 10 seconds, the probability of a mobile site visitor bouncing increases by 123%. (Google, 2017)
- Nearly 70% of consumers admit that page speed impacts their willingness to buy from an online retailer. (Unbounce, 2019)
- The first five seconds of page-load time have the highest impact on conversion rates. (Portent, 2019)
- Sites that load in five seconds see 70% longer average sessions. (Think with Google. 2016) – Compared to those loading in 19 seconds.
High-quality unique content is a major pillar of SEO effectiveness as well as one of the best investments in your business’s success online. Finding valuable content is easier than it might seem, you can start with insights or ideas found right on Google.
- Companies that blog have 55% more visitors on average (HubSpot)
- The average Google first page result contains 1,447 words. (Backlinko, 2020)
- 61% of pages have meta descriptions that truncate. (Ahrefs) –
- Google rewrites meta descriptions 62.78% of the time. (Ahrefs, 2020) – As Google gets better at understanding search intent, it changes meta descriptions to try to emulate what a user is looking for. So no, you aren’t crazy, you didn’t write that meta description, Google did.
- 23% of searchers use autocomplete suggestions to complete their Google Searches. (Backlinko, 2020) – Look for frequently asked questions and related topics to generate new ideas.
Local SEO Statistics
Why should we care about Local SEO?
- 72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles. (WordStream)
- 30% of mobile searches are related to a location. (Google, 2016)
- 78% of local-mobile searches result in offline purchases. (Search Engine Land, 2014)
While looking for a restaurant or a nearby car repair shop, what do you tend to do? You search for it online! And Google it. Since approximately 46% of searches on Google are of a local nature, businesses are investing money and effort in local search engine optimization.
- 40% of mobile searches have local intent. (Think with Google) – make sure to keep your mobile site in mind.
- 57% of consumers will only use a business if it has 4 or more stars on local reviews. (BrightLocal) –It is important to have a strong review management strategy and try to maintain a star rating close to 5/5.
- There were 350 times more searches for the keywords “local” and “near me” in 2019 than in 2009. (Google) –These types of keywords are essential for local businesses.
- Local and “near me” searches are especially common on mobile. Among the fastest-growing search terms are “HVAC repair,” “landscaping near me,” “plumbers near me,” and “roofing companies” (Google).
- 88% of searches for local businesses on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours. (Nectafy, 2019) – Setting a Google My Business profile can help.
- For local queries, 42% of searchers click on results inside of the Google Maps Pack. (Backlinko, 2020)
- 47% of consumers get in touch with a business after making a local voice search. (BrightLocal) – Voice search provides brings better local pack results.
- 28% of searches for something nearby result in a purchase. (BrightLocal) – Gaining visibility in your local area results in attracting those customers that are likely to buy your product or service.
On top of improving your overall online presence, local search is a significant driver of reach, sales, and in-store traffic.
Digital Marketing and SEO services
Are you currently facing any of these struggles?
- Your website isn’t seen on Google search.
- Your website traffic has decreased recently and you don’t know the reason.
- The number of your incoming calls and leads have declined.
- You’re starting a new business activity and want to ramp up a new business quickly.
Or maybe you know what you need but you just don’t know how to get it. With digital marketing and the right SEO strategy, your business can expand into new areas, hire new team members, and achieve tremendous results in your industry. Techpro knows how. From the very first consultation and competitor research, all the way through to your campaign review, our digital marketing solutions are tailored all-around your business. We'll help your business impact the metrics that matter the most, from driving traffic to getting revenue.
CONTACT TECHPRO TEAM